Friday, October 23, 2009

Dark Adventure Comics Archive



Dark Adventure Comics' humble beginings at the Norcross Flea Market.  We were only there a year before moving to our store location, but a lot of book action happened here and we originally met some of our long-time customers at Booth 201, first stop off the elevator.  That's my dad surveying the land and the Mr & Mrs Santas on the counter were made by my mom for charity for the Cherokee Rose Grandmother's Club.

One of my favorite people!  Through the early '90s I did literally hundreds of conventions and trade shows.  One of the many great personalities I got to know well from our constant and close proximities was actress and certified Scream Queen, Brinke Stevens.  I was always promoting the operation and several times asked her to help me out.  She was always so gracious and the epitome of a good sport.  Here she jumped on a chair and did the Vanna White in front of my display wall at Dragon Con.  Brinke is the definition of class.

One of the very first guests I booked for the early Dark Adventure Cons was TV's Batgirl, Yvonne Craig.  I was nicely rewarded by befriending one of the most professional, talented and fan-friendly actresses around and about.  She jumped into the media press for the show and offered to do the radio spots and interviews and was a huge success.  To this day she is an endeared presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment